h
Monday was our last day in Bamberg. The weather seemed undecided once again: overcast, sun peeking out. Merc and I went for a long, VERY long, walk to get our rent a car. Then Rob picked us up and we spent one last day downtown. We visited the most famous part going towards the dome. Once again, starting at the bottom and going up. The sign and the building after it show where this guy jumped to his death from the window rather than be captured by Napoleon. Then a very old church, I should know how old but I forgot. If you really want to know I am sure you can find it easily...I am too lazy to research it now, maybe later. O.K, rose garden up there, view of Bamberg from the rose garden, view of the church St. Michael, then Merc and I with the view behind, Rob and Merc with view behind. Continuing on... not a monastery but where nuns stay..(nunnery??? I'm not sure of the proper word), looking through the gate from the nun compound, more views of Bamberg, probably more of the same but I can't get enough. Believe it or not, I really am not even posting all my pictures.. The next pictures are for you Amy, the pictures of the building with bars on it (right behind the church) is the town jail/prison. They are going to have a big celebration this week for the anniversary of the church's babtism or establishment (from what I get, basically another reason to party in the streets). finally, the river Regnitz. O.K. while I was looking up that I got the dates for the churches: the first old one 1012 and St. Michael 1017. Yep, very old.

No comments:
Post a Comment