Saturday, August 11, 2007

Mittwoch















































Still overcast and raining off and on... Today Danny came and picked us up and took us on post where Merc got to see his other friend Johnny. Johnny then took us to see another friend of theirs Franky, who Merc hadn't seen in a long time since the last time we were here and when he came the next year Franky was living in Spain. It was a nice reunion for them. Johnny took us around Nürnberg a little, we were going to go to the lochgefängnisse, but we were too late. Johnny says he will take us tomorrow, he is so disappointed that we missed it. We go back to Erlangen, where Johnny lives and take the train from there. FYI, you can no longer buy your tickets in Germany on the train, this was a problem for us.. anyways, the train conductor kept looking at me like I could explain the situation better to Merc (who was not very happy). This keeps happening, we walk into stores and they assume I know German and talk to me rather than Merc... I say 'Merc, what are they asking me?' He just keeps walking and says, 'well, they didn't want to talk to me.' We got back just in time for Rob to pick us up from the train station in Bamberg. He took us out to dinner to a traditional German restaurant. Merc had Schnitzel again for the second night in a row. I had to get a picture of us (well, Merc and Rob in the picture) crossing the bridge wíth umbrellas. Then I got a couple pictures of Bamberg on a rainy evening on our walk back to the car.

No comments: